VAPPA 2017 Conference @ George Mason University
VAPPA 2017 rescheduled due to heavy snow forecast
On May 31st – June 1st, 2017, George Mason University Facilities Department will be hosting the 2017 VAPPA Conference which will include educational state agencies, universities, K-12 schools, and museums throughout Virginia. The conference starts on May 31st with campus tours and an evening reception, followed by an all-day educational seminar on June 1st . We are estimating between 200 and 250 attendees at the conference. Find more information on the conference page.
Want to join VAPPA? Contact VAPPA Vice President for Membership: Mark Webb
VAPPA Mission and Goals
VAPPA Mission: The mission of VAPPA is to create, continually support, and promote opportunities for professional and facility organization development, relationship building, and knowledge and information sharing among all facility personnel and business partners involved in education throughout Virginia and align our goals with those that of APPA International and SRAPPA.
VAPPA Strategic Goals:
- Develop training and educational programs to benefit all members, at both the trades and managerial levels
- Promote open dialogue channels between facilities and business partners
- Foster networking and sharing of knowledge and best practices among our members
- Maintain a financially stable organization, with transparent governance
VAPPA Tactical Goals:
- Create and hold regional state workshops to promote knowledge sharing throughout the year
- Provide training and personal development opportunities within the state
- Grow our membership within educational facility personnel across Virginia
- Develop and encourage future leaders to keep VAPPA relevant and ensure a robust pool of board candidates